Purchasing a bicycle is not an easy task. There are several aspects to consider when deciding to buy a bike. It is always recommended to do online and offline research before getting a new cycle for yourself. This will help you to avoid mistakes, such as after a few rides, you might realize that you were given the incorrect frame size or type of bike. Your knee might begin to ache, your disc brakes start to make an obnoxious noise, and so on.
Living in a technologically advanced society has many benefits, but it also has some cons. For example, with the popularity of cycling rising by the day, store owners would probably try to sell you a bicycle. However, you must be equipped and well-versed to determine if it is the perfect one for you or not!
Simply reading the things to learn before purchasing a bicycle below can assist you in buying an ideal bike for your joyful rides!
1. Decide on the budget: Before deciding to buy an electric cycle online, evaluate how much money you are prepared to spend. Once the budget is in place, everything else will fall into place. Also, keep a 10% margin of error in mind. The second thing you should ask yourself is how much you will be riding weekly or monthly. Finally, what is the point of purchasing a bicycle? Exercise, commuting, or training? Continue to the next stage if you know the answers to these questions.
2. The proper type of e-bicycle: There are dozens of bicycle brands to choose from, and it might be tough to choose the right one. After you’ve decided on your budget and goal, you may narrow down your options for a bike. If your budget is less than INR 30000 and your objective is to get healthy, commute, or do light touring, an MTB or a Hybrid can be a good option.
E-Bicycles are classified into three categories:
- A road bike is a fantastic choice if you want to get into long-distance riding on cycles in India. These e-cycles are both stylish and quick. A road bike is appropriate if you can manage speed, have decent handling abilities, and have a larger budget. A basic road bike will set you back at least INR 30000 – INR 35000. It’s advisable to buy a cycle from a branded company. They will last longer and provide you with comfort and durability.
- The mountain bike class has now been added. These motorcycles are relatively frequent on Indian highways. You may use them for exercise, commuting, and a little off-roading.
- Hybrid Bikes are a blend of road and mountain bikes, hence the name. These bikes are suitable for long-distance travel, exercise, and touring. A simple hybrid bicycle will set you back at least INR 15000 – INR 20000. However, if you want to buy a high-end hybrid bike, a price of more than INR 40000 will bring you superior features and high-quality components.
3. Check for Disc brakes: Whether you plan to bike for a long-distance or simply around town, one thing is sure that you won’t require disc brakes! While some may disagree, bicycles with V-brakes are adequate for city riding or exercise. However, if you acquire a bike with disc brakes and embark on longer rides, expect to slow down and fall behind the group. Disc brakes will also need greater attention and frequent maintenance.
4. Bicycle Frame: The value of a bicycle frame cannot be overstated. The bike frame is just as important as the components and wheels. If you don’t obtain the correct frame for your bicycle, you will be uncomfortable when pedaling. If you’re shopping for a commuting bike, choose one with a frame that supports the weight of your legs and bottom rather than your hands. Even the frame material has a significant influence on your riding.
5. Ride-along: Go online to read a few reviews, preferably from individuals who already own the bicycle you want to purchase. Then, go to a store and try it out. Take more time if necessary, and after you’ve decided, go ahead and select the appropriate size based on your height.
Whether online or offline, the mode of purchasing a cycle is entirely up to you. While some of you may still be perplexed about acquiring a bicycle, remember to consider buying bikes that provide long-term value and prove to be durable.